Unison offers staff a range of benefits including:
- Above award wages
- Access to $15,900 of tax-free salary packaging arrangements, which can add significant value to earnings to eligible staff
- Monthly RDO for eligible full-time staff
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Leave loading payment
- Additional paid parental leave on top of government entitlements
- Learning and Development opportunities to ensure that not only do you have adequate skills to perform your current role, but that you also have the opportunity to enhance your work performance to meet your personal career direction
- Employee Assistance Program - we offer external free, professional, confidential counselling assistance to our staff who may need help with particular problems affecting their wellbeing - personally and in the workplace.
To assist us in the selection process and to ensure that your application is as strong as possible, please read the attached information for applicants to ensure your application meets all requirements. Unison offers positions to people on the basis of merit. This means staff qualifications, experience, skills and abilities are matched to the position requirements.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTI community and those living with a disability to apply.
Our current employment opportunities can be found below:
Facilities Advisor (Building Manager/Building Supervisor)
About the role
The Facilities Advisors manage a geographical portfolio of assets and ensure the services provided to assets are delivered in a timely manner, to appropriate standards and ensure value for money.
Key aspects of this role will be to manage responsive and planned maintenance, instruct and coordinate vacant maintenance, manage building and contractor compliance, and provide high quality services to Unison stakeholders and tenants.
You will demonstrate a professional, dynamic and friendly customer focused attitude. You will be managing all aspects of building compliance, planned maintenance, vacant property maintenance, KPI targets, ensure the smooth running of contractor operations and assist in overall service delivery.
To be successful, you will have proven prior experience in a Facilities Management organization with an understanding of hard and soft services, including but not limited to HVAC, lifts, security, plumbing, fire systems (passive and active) and electrical services.
You will also possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience liaising between management, contractors and stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize tasks and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
- Building services or maintenance experience
- Demonstrated experience as a Facilities or Building Services Coordinator or Facilities Manager or Administrator
- A trades background or relevant tertiary qualification is desired
- Previous roles in not-for-profit sector will be viewed favourably
- Ongoing, Full time
- Annual remuneration package including benefits of NFP salary packaging and superannuation of $92,098 per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- Use of vehicle for private use
- Rostered day off option for eligible staff
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
- For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website unison.org.au and send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: email@example.com.
- This position will commence immediately and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you meet the requirements of this role, please APPLY by 23rd July 2019.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTI communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.
*** Recruitment Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Unison People and Culture team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.