Unison offers staff a range of benefits including:
- Above award wages
- Access to $15,900 of tax-free salary packaging arrangements, which can add significant value to earnings to eligible staff
- Monthly RDO for eligible full-time staff
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Leave loading payment
- Additional paid parental leave on top of government entitlements
- Learning and Development opportunities to ensure that not only do you have adequate skills to perform your current role, but that you also have the opportunity to enhance your work performance to meet your personal career direction
- Employee Assistance Program - we offer external free, professional, confidential counselling assistance to our staff who may need help with particular problems affecting their wellbeing - personally and in the workplace.
To assist us in the selection process and to ensure that your application is as strong as possible, please read the attached information for applicants to ensure your application meets all requirements. Unison offers positions to people on the basis of merit. This means staff qualifications, experience, skills and abilities are matched to the position requirements.
As an Equal Opportunity organisation we encourage people of all characteristics to apply for any vacancies listed on our careers pages. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and applying the principles of equity, fairness and transparency to all recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Our current employment opportunities can be found below:
Place Manager- Geelong
About the role:
Reporting to the Team Leader, Place Management, you will be responsible for managing Unison’s social and affordable housing portfolio in the Geelong area, including tenancy and property services, vacant property management and tenant consultation and participation. The purpose of the role is to ensure Unison Customers are supported to sustain their housing, and maximise their participation in communities that thrive.
To fill this position, we are seeking a self-motivated person with a demonstrated commitment to social justice and to the empowerment of disadvantaged members of the community. The successful candidate will be a dedicated person who has experience in the provision of community housing services - including tenancy and property management or a relevant tertiary qualification. You also have the skills and experience to work effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with complex needs. You will have high level communication skills and the ability to work in partnership with services users and support agencies to improve service quality and outcomes. A high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive team-working approach is essential.
Full time, ongoing position with a starting salary of $62,615.99 plus super, salary packaging and 17.5% leave loading. Unison provides a flexible, supportive and family friendly work environment including 5 weeks annual leave.
For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please see attached below. Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and be submitted by email to email@example.com by 2 April 2017.